• Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

[Disk] [D&D 5E] The Nexus Storm - Spell Destroyer

DawnforgedCast
    The Nexus Storm - Spell Destroyer

Veröffentlicht am 26.07.2016
    The casting classes in most tabletop systems have significant power, and they start each day with it fully loaded.
    At their full capacity a caster vastly out damages any martial fighter, especially with multiple enemies involved.
    While we certainly don't want to deny this potency we also still need to challenge casters in combat.
    One way to do this is to deplete their energy with smaller challenges before they reach a major one.
    Most commonly this is done through multiple smaller fights with weaker enemies,
    but in this video we offer an alternative that will take far less game time: the Nexus Storm.
    TheCinemaJudge

I made something of a monster to handle this situation.
    The Rust Monster is iconic and a terror for martials for the reasons it wrecks all their stuff.
    But I created what I referred to as a Magic Grubber.

This is a worm like creation that lies dormant under ground and when it senses non-shielded magic approach it wakes up and begins to feed.
    If you are standing over this creature the caster has to roll a spell failure rate of 20%. When the creature finally pops up it attacks the casters first.
    The spell failure increases to 25% and it has spell resistance. Every time it attacks a caster, they had to roll a 1d8 (Like you) and lost spell slots of that level.
    This was explained that they are sapping the energy of the caster and making it harder for them to conjure up enough energy to cast that particular tier of spells.
    I did briefly consider having it that each time it hit the caster it removed 1 spell slot of their highest available spell level,
    but I thought perhaps that was too much. Especially since a critical hit doubled the spell slot loss.

"Ich kann freilich nicht sagen, ob es besser wird, wenn es anders wird, aber soviel kann ich sagen: Es muß anders werden, wenn es gut werden soll."
    Georg Christoph Lichtenberg (1742 - 1799)

Was nützt es, wenn wir mehrere Sprachen sprechen,
    solange wir nicht die Geduld aufbringen,
    einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn
Lädt...
X