• Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

[Hilfe] DawnforgedCasts DM Webinar

DawnforgedCast
    DM Webinar #1 - Building a Scene

Live übertragen am 30.08.2016
    Welcome to the first of many webinars we'll be hosting via the DawnforgedCast patron page.
    Though only patrons will be invited to participate with the webinar, and will get to see it two weeks early,
    the content within is too valuable not to share with the world.
    In this video GM Mark shares with us his expert strategy of crafting engaging and immersive scenes in your tabletop games.
    "Ich kann freilich nicht sagen, ob es besser wird, wenn es anders wird, aber soviel kann ich sagen: Es muß anders werden, wenn es gut werden soll."
    Georg Christoph Lichtenberg (1742 - 1799)

Was nützt es, wenn wir mehrere Sprachen sprechen,
    solange wir nicht die Geduld aufbringen,
    einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

DawnforgedCast
    DM Webinar #2 - How to Improvise

Live übertragen am 02.09.2016
    Welcome to the second of many webinars we'll be hosting via the DawnforgedCast patron page.
    Though only patrons will be invited to participate with the webinar, and will get to see it two weeks early,
    the content within is too valuable not to share with the world.

In this video GM Mark shares with us his expert tips on how to improve your ability to improv,
    how to come up with names, locations, dialogue, personalities and anything else you'll need right on the fly!
    "Ich kann freilich nicht sagen, ob es besser wird, wenn es anders wird, aber soviel kann ich sagen: Es muß anders werden, wenn es gut werden soll."

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

DawnforgedCast
      Our Best and Worst - Dungeon Masters

Veröffentlicht am 02.11.2016
      As Dungeon Masters there are things which we can consider strengths about ourselves,
      stable and reliable tabletop gaming talents that we can trust we will have when running games.
      These are our best skills. Conversely, if we are honest, there are also a number of things which we are not particularly good,
      areas of running a game that we could use significant improvement in. Our worst skills.

In this video I share three of my best skills and three of my worst, the areas that I am most confident in
      and the areas where I need some serious work. I encourage you all to be honest with yourselves
      and share your own lists in the comments here, with the aim of beginning a conversation
      where those strong in some skills can help those who struggle and vice versa.
      This hobby is a communal one and by being open about where we need help we can aid each other to the betterment of all.

In a future video we will examine the best and worst of our skills as players and engage in the same exercise of group improvement.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

DawnforgedCast
        Your Class is NOT Your Character

Veröffentlicht am 29.11.2016
        There is a common misconception in the tabletop gaming world that one roleplays a class.
        This is incorrect. You roleplay a character.
        A class is the set of skills and abilities your character uses as they strive to realize the goals
        and desires their personality provides.

Another misconception is that the numbers on one side of your character sheet
        must somehow correspond with the personality section on the other side.
        There is no such requirement.
        The numbers are for combat, for system mechanics, the personality is for roleplaying, for storytelling.
        They can be entirely different.

In this video I delve into both these misconceptions and attempt to help convey
        a greater understanding of these issues which are significantly limiting many players.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

DawnforgedCast
          DM Commentary on a D&D Session - RPG GM Tips

Veröffentlicht am 31.03.2017
          Watch the Full Session: https://youtu.be/5w-ENtJx1qU

Behind the Screen - A series where I go back through session I've run, much like a Director's Commentary for a movie,
          and provide insights on why I made the choices I made. This includes musing on what I had planned and what I had to improvise,
          and what actions the players took that forced me to change route.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

DawnforgedCast
            DM - Game Prep Live: Designing a Dungeon and Encounters

Livestream vor 16 Stunden
            Doing some session prep for our 5E D&D Sands of Al'Qadr campaign.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Lädt...
            X