• Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

[D&D 5E] Kensai and Tranquility Monks

DawnforgedCast
    (5E D&D) Kensai and Tranquility Monks

Veröffentlicht am 12.12.2016
    In this week's release from Unearthed Arcana we're given two new Ways that a Monk can follow.
    The first, the way of the Kensai, is based around the monk gaining mastery over their melee martial abilities,
    infusing their weapons with Ki for greater potency.
    The second, the way of Tranquility, is a ridiculous pile of nonsense that trivializes any other class
    who wants to heal, eh, uh, eh hem, it is based on the idea of maintaining inner peace
    and drawing others to that mindset as well, at least until level 17 when, for some reason,
    it is able to do insane damage. *shrug* They can't all be winners...

Create Your Own Archetypes: https://youtu.be/P1Xw29-gKTk
    Download the UA: https://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/do...
    "Ich kann freilich nicht sagen, ob es besser wird, wenn es anders wird, aber soviel kann ich sagen: Es muß anders werden, wenn es gut werden soll."
    Georg Christoph Lichtenberg (1742 - 1799)

Was nützt es, wenn wir mehrere Sprachen sprechen,
    solange wir nicht die Geduld aufbringen,
    einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

DawnforgedCast
    (5E D&D) The Kensai Archetype v.1 (DFC Version)

Veröffentlicht am 13.12.2016
    Wizards recently released their version of the Kensai, a monk archetype,
    and I found it, and the other way of Tranquility, rather bland or even poorly designed.
    So I decided to challenge myself to not just talk about why they aren't good,
    but instead to offer an alternative, my own version of the archetypes.

First up is my take on the Kensai, one who speaks to the souls of weapons to unlock their true potential.
    We go through the different abilities and also discuss the reasoning behind the choices.

Final Version: https://youtu.be/OtipBSET8Po
    (5E D&D) The Kensai Archetype v2 (DFC Reforge)

Veröffentlicht am 14.12.2016
    After taking feedback and ideas from the community I went back into the Kensai archetype
    I had created and now present what I consider its nearly final form.

Wizards recently released their version of the Kensai, a monk archetype,
    and I found it, and the other way of Tranquility, rather bland or even poorly designed.

First up is my take on the Kensai, one who speaks to the souls of weapons to unlock their true potential.
    We go through the different abilities and also discuss the reasoning behind the choices.
    "Ich kann freilich nicht sagen, ob es besser wird, wenn es anders wird, aber soviel kann ich sagen: Es muß anders werden, wenn es gut werden soll."

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

DawnforgedCast
      (5E D&D) The Kensai Archetype - FINAL VERSION (DFC Reforge)

Veröffentlicht am 15.12.2016
      One last round of edits and revisions and the Kensai archetype is ready for play.
      Many thanks to all those who offered helpful and constructive feedback to help this homebrew grow and improve.

After taking feedback and ideas from the community I went back into the Kensai archetype
      I had created and now present what I consider its nearly final form.

Wizards recently released their version of the Kensai, a monk archetype, and I found it,
      and the other way of Tranquility, rather bland or even poorly designed.

Well, final version for the foreseeable future.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Lädt...
      X