X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

Steam Info Points to Free to Play Upcoming

Rauschen im Blätterwald,
    die Zahlen von Wildstar sind wohl nicht gerade sensationell, was die Einnahmen- bzw. Gewinnsituation betrifft,
    außwerdem wird ja immer gerne geunkt, also warum nicht auch jetzt ^^

Die Übetschrift kommt von einem mmorpg.com Artikel,
    der halt zusammenfassend beschreibt, was da im einzelnen (fehl?=kommuniziert wurde:

WildStar : UPDATED: Steam Info Points to Free to Play Upcoming

Posted May 14, 2015 by William Murphy

UPDATE: It seems that a Reddit Mod-verified Carbine Employee has taken to the Subreddit for WildStar to back up the SteamDB info we found earlier. Calling himself "God_of_EDM", he posted the following in a thread on the subreddit:
    NOTE: I have submitted proof to the mod that I am not a troll.
    Hello everyone! As has oft been discussed around here, Wildstar is going to be changing its business model in August(tentatively of course, patch stuff etc) to a Hybridized Free to Play model. Now thankfully it is not going Pay to Win, I suppose you could call it "Freemium" in a way as a lot of the stuff that the paid accounts will get is buffs to experience/rep/renown etc gain and character slots and the like, no direct power buffs or anything like that.
    MTX (Microtransactions) will be included moving forward as well and you will hear more about that very soon. What are your thoughts on the model? I personally like it and am excited as I can't see how this wouldn't bring players back and new players in.
    Feel free to ask me anything about the game, company, folly of man, etc.
    Later on in the thread, the employee notes that the mood in Carbine is grim, but hopeful because of F2P:
    It's not great. From top to bottom we have handfuls of people leaving every week, there was a stretch where we averaged at least 5 people leaving a week for 5 weeks. As you all probably know we've had 2 Art Directors leave within 8 months, a handful of Producers have left, we still have no Studio Head to replace Gaffney, hell even our Wildstar specific QA is down to about 7 people and a few of them are leaving in the next couple weeks as well. We've had 4 designers from different Feature Teams leave in the past 7 work days as well. There is no transparency and everyone is always fearful of what will even be here 2 months from now. The place is ran very poorly by people who have the biggest egos that fight over everything.
    And this much about the way content updates and Steam integration will work:
    Hey there! Steam integration has been coming for a while, Valve was in our office here in Orange County back in January. We are trying to get Wildstar to be THE MMO for Steamboxes, IE, Wildstar will be preinstalled with every system. It should be happening before the China launch that's for sure.
    Ok, Content Cycles may be hard to explain/understand but I will try. The PLAN is for content to stay at the quarterly cycles that they are now. We have soft and hard locks for everything. That SHOULD not change however we are losing employees left and right, for example our dungeon and raid team is 4 people, we have 5 class designers, hell even our QA team is about 7 people for Wildstar and a few of those people are leaving as well in a few weeks. We have lost 2 Art Directors in less than 8 months along with several Producers. That being said, we have A LOT of features pitched and planned. It was something like 100+ pitched for 1.4.0. Obviously nowhere near all of them will get in but that is just to show you that there is a lot of content being created, whether it gets proper testing, integration, design, etc is another story.
    Feel free to ask me anything else.
    God_of_EDM goes on with more insight at the link. Let's hope he keeps his job, because this kind of transparency is welcome.
    ORIGINAL NEWS:
    Thanks to a tip from reader Zoltariel, it seems that Steam's Database has been updated with a WildStar entry, signifying a possible move to a Free to Play (not Buy to Play) revenue model.
    There are other games in the DB, like ArcheAge, that also have "Free on Demand" as their billing type. This is a pretty strong indication that wheels are moving behind the scenes to make Nexus free for all, and soon.
    See for yourself below. Searching by name on SteamDB doesn't bring back WildStar, but this Steam Sub still exists. What do you think?
    Original Steam Sub on SteamDB.
    "Ich kann freilich nicht sagen, ob es besser wird, wenn es anders wird, aber soviel kann ich sagen: Es muß anders werden, wenn es gut werden soll."
    Georg Christoph Lichtenberg (1742 - 1799)

Was nützt es, wenn wir mehrere Sprachen sprechen,
    solange wir nicht die Geduld aufbringen,
    einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn
Lädt...
X