• Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

[Talk] D&D 5E: Creating a Necromancer

DawnforgedCast

Creating a Necromancer

Veröffentlicht am 27.05.2015
    In this video we showcase one way to create a Necromancer Wizard in 5th Edition Dungeons & Dragons.

A frequently requested class to cover the Necromancer is on a quest to become the master of undeath.
    This quest starts with more humble beginnings than one might expect.
    You won't set out with legions of skeletons and zombies right from the start,
    but rather will need to rely on skills and spells and the protection of your party members.

Channeling poison, frost and necrotic energy the Necromancer reaps life from the foes he slays,
    but he must still be careful not to attract too much attention.
    Necromancy is seen as a great evil by most and as such the Necromancer must be smart, stealthy and patient in order to survive.
    Their studies of the dark arts require a great deal of time and devotion before any great breakthroughs can occur.

Download the Character Sheet:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/q8hv9e9f6x5...
    "Ich kann freilich nicht sagen, ob es besser wird, wenn es anders wird, aber soviel kann ich sagen: Es muß anders werden, wenn es gut werden soll."
    Georg Christoph Lichtenberg (1742 - 1799)

Was nützt es, wenn wir mehrere Sprachen sprechen,
    solange wir nicht die Geduld aufbringen,
    einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

DawnforgedCast
    Is Necromancy Evil?

Veröffentlicht am 02.09.2015
    In this video we discuss Necromancy, taking a pro/con approach to answering the question: Is Necromancy Evil?
    We cover a great variety of reasons for and against it and we welcome your viewpoints in the comments below!
    How would you answer the question?
    "Ich kann freilich nicht sagen, ob es besser wird, wenn es anders wird, aber soviel kann ich sagen: Es muß anders werden, wenn es gut werden soll."

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

DawnforgedCast
      (5E D&D) The Ultimate Guide to Necromancy

Veröffentlicht am 07.09.2017
      In this video we delve into the three pillars of creating and playing a successful Necromancer in 5E Dungeons & Dragons.
      First, we discuss the essential question you need to ask your gaming group in order to have any chance of success as a necromancer.
      Second, we delve into the spells of the Necromancy school and see which are particularly suited to the trade.
      And third, we go into depth on the process of building your undead army.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Achtung, keine offizielle Regel*
        DawnforgedCast
        (5E D&D) Building Your Undead Army

Am 15.09.2017 veröffentlicht
        In this video we delve into four ways that you can build a powerful undead army as a Necromancer in 5E Dungeons & Dragons.
        First, we review the standard use of the Animate Dead ability, allowing you to command skeletons and zombies.
        Second, we look at the Command Undead ability, allowing you to control other undead you find.
        Third, the Create Undead spell, which grants access to more powerful undead.
        *And finally, we talk about a custom system whereby you are able to animate a much wider variety of undead to command.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

DawnforgedCast
          (5E D&D) Other Types of Necromancers

Am 01.11.2017 veröffentlicht
          In this video we showcase three classes, aside from the Wizard, that also have the potential to be effective necromancers.
          We delve into the Bard, the Death Domain Cleric and the Oathbreaker Paladin
          and see how these classes measure up to the wizard in an effort to harness the dark power of necromancy.

Guide to Necromancy: https://youtu.be/99zw0x2tQ-k
          Guide to Undead Minions: https://youtu.be/30J5sonh9FY

Happy gaming!

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Nerdarchy
            Handling a Necromancer for Dungeon Masters & Players in DnD- GM 911

Am 30.11.2017 veröffentlicht

Original GM 911 Post
            Hey Guys, I have recently switched my wizard from a lore wizard to a necromancer due to the lore wizard not being released in Xanathar's Guide.
            As it stands we are 11th level so I can maintain around 38 zombies/skeletons. I currently only run around with 8 skeletons/zombies.
            I would like to run around with more but I am afraid that it would take away from the rest of the party as far as combat is concerned.
            I have never played a necromancer nor have I ever played with one before either so I am not sure where to really draw the line.
            Lots of the necromancer abilities deal with animate dead so I would like to use the spell but I don't know how much is too much
            and want to make sure that the rest of the party is still having a good time, especially in regards to combat.

I guess the questions boil down to:
            1.) How much is too much as far as summons go for animate dead?
            2.) How as a DM should you handle a Necromancer in a campaign?

Thank you for the help and really love the show

Thank you,
            Andy

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

[Talk] 5E Undead Vs Previous Editions of Dungeons and Dragons Undead

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Nerdarchy
                D&D Necromancer 5e- A Wizard’s Guide to Black, Grey, and White Magic

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Lädt...
                X