X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

Total War Franchise im Allgemeinen

Ein eher unspezifischer Trailer,
    die Reihe umfasst ja nun schon einige Titel, aber sehr gekonnt inszeniert (bisserl brutal freilich)

Total War
    Total War "Rule the World" Trailer - E3 2015

Veröffentlicht am 16.06.2015
    Beyond borders. Throughout time. Across worlds. There will be conquest.

As we look back through highlights from Total War’s own history,
    catch a glimpse into the future with the first in-engine footage of Total War: WARHAMMER.

15 years have passed since the first Total War game launched, and in that time we’ve travelled far and wide.
    From Medieval Japan to the Napoleonic wars; from the glory of ancient Rome,
    to the machinations of Medieval Europe and back again.
    Now Total War is crossing into bold new territory, where the darkening skies echo to the roar of dragons,
    and the very firmament is sundered with spells of unimaginable power.

To see the full Total War: WARHAMMER trailer in all its glory, keep an eye on the Total War YouTube channel throughout July.

"Ich kann freilich nicht sagen, ob es besser wird, wenn es anders wird, aber soviel kann ich sagen: Es muß anders werden, wenn es gut werden soll."
    Georg Christoph Lichtenberg (1742 - 1799)

Was nützt es, wenn wir mehrere Sprachen sprechen,
    solange wir nicht die Geduld aufbringen,
    einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Hat das Spiel schon jemand ausprobiert?
    Mach was draus!

Kommentar

Auf den Warhammer Teil warte ich noch,
      Shogun 2, Rome 2 und den ollen Attila hab ich angespielt.
      Shogun 2 fand ich am stimmigsten, tolle Musik.
      Rome 2 hat auch Spaß gemacht, bei Attila fühle ich mich irgendwie weniger wohl.

Gab ja vor kurzem noch die Spiele im Angebot, kommt aber sicherlich mal wieder.
      Den Strategie Teil mag ich, aber dieses Ameisengeschubse der Armeen auf dem Schlachtfeld - da wäre ich dankbar,
      würde die KI das anständiger erledigen für mich.
      "Ich kann freilich nicht sagen, ob es besser wird, wenn es anders wird, aber soviel kann ich sagen: Es muß anders werden, wenn es gut werden soll."

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Oh ja, ich verstehe. Also deine Empfehlung: Shogun 2!?
        Mach was draus!

Kommentar

Wenn man das Genre mag, ich liebe bei Shogun 2 halt den Soundtrack und dass mich geschichtliche Momente eher weniger berühren
          (bin mit der japanischen Geschichte nicht so vertraut, wenn da bei Römern und Co. was "komisch" läuft, fällt mir das jedenfalls eher auf).
          Außerdem haben die Ninjas Da hab ich auch noch den Überblick über den Familienstammbaum gehabt.

Bei Rome 2 habe ich den Druck (Reichsspaltung) nicht als gar so arg empfunden, was spielerisch auch recht positiv ist.
          Man fühlt sich nicht ganz so getrieben und unter Druck bloß nicht zuviel zu erobern.
          Das politische System hingegen wirkt erst mal vielschichtiger, aber unter der verwirrenden Oberfläche passiert gefühlt wenig Entscheidendes.
          Und besonders furchtbar: Die Stimmen der gegnerischen Stammesfürsten sind gräßlich, da möchte man aus dem Diplomatiefenster raus jedem den Schädel einschlagen.

Attila hat mit den nordischen Wikingervölkern ja auch eine Komponente, die ich toll finde,
          bloß für das Leben als wandernder Plünderer kann ich mich nicht so recht erwärmen.
          Es nervt mich auch ziemlich, dass die Gegner da Städte komplett verwüsten und vernichten,
          der Wiederaufbau ist kaum bezahlbar und mir nimmt das Spielspaß und Perspektive.
          Die Stimmen sind ähnlich gruselig wie bei Rome 2, da hätten sie wirklich mehr Geld in Sprecher investieren sollen.
          Familien und Stammbäume sind kompliziert, aber zu den Auswirkungen kann ich noch nicht viel sagen - ich halte das einfach nicht lange genug durch.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Total War
            Total War Battles: KINGDOM – Global Launch Announcement [ESRB]

Veröffentlicht am 17.03.2016
            Total War Battles: KINGDOM Coming 24th March 2016 on iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch®, Android devices, PC and Mac.

Total War Battles: KINGDOM is a challenging, persistent-world, real-time strategy game,
            which launches worldwide March 24th on iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch®, Android devices, PC and Mac.

In Total War Battles: KINGDOM you shape your lands to transform the wilderness into a powerful and productive Kingdom.
            Manage your Kingdom’s economy, build castles and towns, grow your population and expand your territory.
            Raise powerful armies and go head to head with other players or AI enemies in large scale real-time battles.

With one persistent world, players will be able to continue their game across multiple devices, at home, work or out and about.

For more information on Total War Battles: KINGDOM, visit:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/totalwarbattles
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/TotalWarBattles
            Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/totalwarbat...

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Noch was eher allgemeines zur Firma:
              Total War
              Total War at the Ashmolean Museum: Storms, Wars and Shipwrecks

Veröffentlicht am 09.08.2016
              This year, Creative Assembly were invited to contribute to the ‘Storms, Wars and Shipwrecks’ summer exhibition at the Ashmolean Museum in Oxford, UK.

Telling the story of the pivotal Mediterranean island of Sicily over the last 2500 years, the exhibition features a range of incredible artefacts
              recovered by underwater archaeologists from the surrounding sea bed. Including treasures as varied as ship anchors to soldiers’ armour,
              and from amphorae to a byzantine church interior the exhibit is a fascinating exploration of ancient cultures
              and the story of the modern-day divers who worked to uncover them.

One of the key exhibits is a display of Roman and Carthaginian warship rams, thought to be from the Battle of the Egadi Islands in 241 BC.
              To help illustrate these giant weapons, Creative Assembly have created a video re-enactment of the battle using the Total War: ROME II game engine and art,
              which is projected on to the wall behind the display.

The Battle of the Egadi Islands was an important turning point in the First Punic War, more about the battle and the exhibition can be seen in this video short.

The Ashmolean Museum of Art and Archaeology in Oxford was founded in 1683 and is home to thousands of diverse artefacts dating from 8000 BC to the present day,
              representing most of the world’s great civilisations. The Storms, Wars and Shipwrecks exhibition is open now and runs until the 25th September.

For more information on visiting the museum and the exhibition, please visit www.ashmolean.org

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

AdmiralPrice
                History in Video Games: What Is History?

History is in what we do, who we are, and what we play.
                It shapes how we think of the world, but what it is is shaped by what we consume.
                One of the ways we imagine history is through video games.

This video will introduce the new series: history in video games,
                which will look at specific games and think about how they imagine history
                and the historical contexts they inhabit.

I'm AdmiralPrice, a PhD student who also specializes in Total War in particular and strategy games in general.
                I love to talk about game mechanics, share my knowledge through guides,
                and share ideas with people like you through discord and streams.

0:00 What games to choose
                1:27 Historiography
                3:53 Areas of History
                7:45 Historical Narratives

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

AdmiralPrice
                  Make Historical Total War Great Again | Total War Discussion

Fantasy Total War games dominate the charts and play time of the Total War franchise - but why is that?
                  In this video, I propose an alternate theory to the ones flying around, one that might surprise you.

I'm AdmiralPrice, a PhD student who also specializes in Total War in particular and strategy games in general.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

AdmiralPrice
                    Are the Total War Games Historically Accurate?

Total War is a predominantly historical franchise, which begs the question:
                    are the Total War games historically accurate?
                    In this video, I examine the question in detail, taking multiple examples from Total War Rome 2,
                    Total War Attila, Total War Three Kingdoms, and Total War Medieval 2
                    to ask whether questions about Total War historical accuracy.
                    I then end the video with the penultimate question: does it even matter?
                    Does it matter if the games have 100% historical accuracy or not?

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

AdmiralPrice
                      The Game That Ruined Total War

By many Total War purists, the "modern" Total War games are often thought of
                      as much simpler, watered down versions of older Total War games. But how did that come about?

Is it true that the new Warscape engine is to blame?
                      In this video, I argue that the reason Medieval 2 Total War is more complex than say Total War Shogun 2 or Total War Rome 2
                      is because of the catastrophic failure of the game that was between them: Empire Total War.
                      This is a part of our series of Total War Discussion.

0:00 The ambition
                      2:10 Deepest Campaign ever?
                      4:39 Nothing worked
                      7:02 The Shogun 2 Reset
                      8:13 If Empire worked?

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

AdmiralPrice
                        The Best Historical Total War? Featuring Legend of Total War | Medieval 2 Total War Retrospective

Medieval 2 Total War is often remembered for its deep mechanics, bombastic characters,
                        dynamic battles, and, of course, rampant assassinations. But what was Medieval 2 Total War?
                        I'm joined by the one and only Legend of Total War to go through Medieval 2 Total War battles,
                        Medieval 2 Total War campaign, and Medieval 2 Total War mechanics.
                        What does Legend love about Medieval 2? What does he wish was different?
                        And how does Medieval 2 compare with modern total war games?
                        Find out in this episode of Total War Retrospective!

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

AdmiralPrice
                          Complete Total War Games Tier List | Total War Games Ranked

Are you wondering which Total War should I buy?
                          This game is a full Total War Tier list that goes through all the Total War games
                          and ranks them by how many hours you'll enjoy from each one.
                          It will tell you the top 5 Total War games and give you the Total War games ranked.
                          It will also answer which Total War games should I buy.
                          This video will tell you what are the best Total War games.

The games included in this list: Shogun Total War, Medieval Total War, Rome Total War,
                          Medieval 2 Total War, Empire Total War, Napoleon Total War, Shogun 2 Total War, Fall of the Samurai,
                          Rome 2 Total War, Total War Attila, Total War Warhammer, Total War Thrones of Britannia,
                          Total War Warhammer 2, Total War Three Kingdoms, and Total War Troy

0:00 Introduction
                          1:42 Shogun and Medieval Total War
                          3:52 Rome 1 and Medieval 2
                          8:00 Empire and Napoleon
                          12:26 Shogun 2 and Fall of the Samurai
                          15:45 Rome 2 and Attila
                          21:05 Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2
                          23:26 Three Kingdoms
                          25:35 Thrones of Britannia and Troy

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

AdmiralPrice
                            Complete Total War Armor Guide | Total War Guides

Have you looked at the Total War armor stat and wondered "what the heck does this actually do?"
                            This video will demystify the Total War armor and Total War armor piercing stats and tell you
                            how they have real effect in Total War battles and Total War units.
                            It covers Total War Shogun 2 armor, Total War Rome 2 armor, Total War Attila armor, Total War Warhammer 2 armor,
                            Total War Troy armor, and Total War Three Kingdoms armor.
                            It also gives great advice on Total War battle tips and Total war battle guide.

0:00 Intro
                            0:30 The Theory
                            2:37 Shogun 2
                            6:29 Rome 2
                            10:27 Attila
                            11:18 Warhammer 2 and Troy
                            15:39 Three Kingdoms
                            18:02 How to Use This Information

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Total War
                              Modder Spotlight (Guvenoren)

We're joined by modder extraordinaire Guvenoren,
                              who has managed to put out over 130 mods on the Steam Workshop.
                              Very impressive. We had a quick chat about how he makes his mods
                              and asked for some tips to get you into making your own mods!

Guvenorens Workshop Page: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Guvenor...

Adopotatos Empire Reskin
                              https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...

Ado's Chaos Reskins

Uniforms and Heraldry of Bretonnia

Make Them Unique

Puzzle Illustrations

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Lädt...
                              X