Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Trollstrolch

Einklappen

Ankündigung

Einklappen
Keine Ankündigung bisher.

[D&D 5E Eberron] Unearthed Arcana und was es bislang sonst so gibt (wenig)

Einklappen
Das ist ein wichtiges Thema.
X
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

[Info] [D&D 5E Eberron] Unearthed Arcana und was es bislang sonst so gibt (wenig)

Für Eberron gibt es ein tolles Hintergrund Buch (sogar in deutsch!) und massig Material für D&D 3.5 (Eberron Collectors Guide)
    (besonders erwähnenswert Spieler Handbuch (deutsch), Sharn - Stadt der Türme (deutsch), City of Stormreach und Races of Eberron)
    ein weiteres Kampagnenbuch für D&D 4 (Campaign Guide und Players Guide),
    aber dazu dann nimmer allzu viel und bislang bloß einen Artikel zu D&D 5E in Form eines Unearthed Arcana pdf.
    Edit: Bemerkenswert wäre, dass der Artificer als auch der Mystic (aka Psionic) zwischenzeitlich überarbeitet wurden:
    Read the full archives of Dungeons & Dragons news, Sage Advice, Unearthed Arcana, and D&D Studio Blogs.

(Beide stehen zwischenzeitlich in der DMsGuilde zum kostenfreien Download bereit).
    Für Kalashtar gibt es noch nichts semi offizielles, das beste, was ich gefunden habe wäre hier
    Allgemein gefällt mir die Seite ziemlich gut, auch die Rassenübersicht

Nerdarchy
    Unearthed Arcana: Eberron Review for Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition

Veröffentlicht am 09.02.2015

Nerdarchy assembles talk about the newly released Unearthed Arcana PDF from Wizards of the Coast for 5e D&D.
    The free Eberron PDF covers the Races of Eberron- Changling, Shifter, and Warforged, Artificer as a wizard tradition,
    and Dragon Marks and the Dragon Marked houses.

The PDF very sort and to the point only really giving the mechanics for the new 5e flavored Eberron campaign setting information.
    I'd consider everything to be in play test mode. There is enough there to play a Eberron game and have the feel of that world.
    It's a great place to start for Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition Eberron I can't wait to see what the finish product looks like.

http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/feat...arcana-eberron
    D&D Campaign Settings- Eberron In the Shadow of Unearthed Arcana Nerdarchy Talks Eberron

Veröffentlicht am 16.02.2015

Nerdarchy gathers to discuss on of their most beloved Dungeons and Dragons campaign settings.
    Eberron introduced so many cool and interesting things to D&D or put a new spin on old ones.
    It has- new D&D races changlings, Kalashtar, shifters, and warforged a new class the artificer, dinosaur riding halflings, and so much more.
    It is a D&D world that has everything and some how makes it feel like everything actually belongs there.
    Feel free to tell us you eberron stories down in the comments below.
    Zuletzt geändert von Trollchen; 03.08.2017, 21:32. Grund: Links ergänzt
    "Ich kann freilich nicht sagen, ob es besser wird, wenn es anders wird, aber soviel kann ich sagen: Es muß anders werden, wenn es gut werden soll."
    Georg Christoph Lichtenberg (1742 - 1799)

Was nützt es, wenn wir mehrere Sprachen sprechen,
    solange wir nicht die Geduld aufbringen,
    einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Der Meister selbst - Keith Baker - hat auf seinem Blog aber noch regelmäßig Artikel zu Eberron,
    zwar sind seine Ansichten nicht verbindlich, bieten aber gute Ansätze.

The original Eberron Campaign Setting promises “If it exists in D&D, then it has a place in Eberron.”
    Over the years, one of the most common questions I’ve heard is “How do I use (insert unusual race) in Eberron?”
    How would people react to an Illumian in Sharn? Where would you put a Goliath?

Recently I’ve been talking with Ruty Rutenberg of Eberron livestream Maze Arcana about tieflings and aasimars;
    over in Facebook’s Eberron Enthusiast group, someone was asking about playing an imp.
    In the weeks ahead I may look more closely at specific races and how I’d use them.
    As a general rule, I prefer to avoid adding too many new races to the common tapestry of the world.
    In my mind, the streets of Fairhaven don’t look like a Mos Eisley cantina.
    I prefer to focus on fewer races but to make sure each one has a strong place.
    "Ich kann freilich nicht sagen, ob es besser wird, wenn es anders wird, aber soviel kann ich sagen: Es muß anders werden, wenn es gut werden soll."

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Eldeen Reaches

It’s been over a month since my last post: where have I been? There’s been quite a few things that kept me off the internet. At Twogether we’ve been hard at work getting Illimat t…

The critical thing to understand is that the split between Aundair and the Eldeen wasn’t a spur of the moment decision during the Last War.
      The bandits were the excuse but not the root cause. Instead, it was the culmination of events that had been brewing for a thousand years.
      The Wardens of the Wood predate Galifar, and always had ties to the people of the Reaches. Galifar united the Five Nations by conquest.
      His daughter Aundair was set over the northeast, and she sought to instill her values in the people of the region:
      her love of education, civilization, and arcane magic.

But the further you get from Fairhaven, the more people hold to the old ways.
      When the Eldeen Reaches seceded from Aundairan, they weren’t suddenly allying with mysterious druids they knew nothing about;
      they were throwing off centuries of oppression and returning to their ancestral roots.
      How has having Droaam as a new neighbor and influenced the Reaches?

Before she joined her sisters as a ruler of Droaam, Sora Maenya was the Terror of the Towering Woods.
      She’s not a new threat, and the Towering Woods have never been safe.
      That’s why the Wardens of the Wood exist: to protect outsiders from the wood, and to protect the wood from outsiders.
      They’ve clashed with the Znir Pact and the Wind Howlers long, long before Droaam ever existed.
      If anything, hostilities between the Reaches and Droaam have probably DROPPED since Droaam became a nation
      as the Daughters have tighter control over forces that would have otherwise engaged in random raids and skirmishes.
      Im Blog steht freilich noch vieles mehr

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Podcasts:

The Eberron podcast that explores the tabletop fantasy RPG setting with co-hosts Keith Baker, Wayne Chang, Imogen Gingell, and Kristian Serrano

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

The Lords of Dust

Im Blog steht dazu einiges

I’ve got a lot of articles I’d like to write when time permits, but at the moment it’s not permitting. So today I wanted to revisit a previous topic: the Lords of Dust and their m…

The Lords of Dust is an alliance of fiends—mostly rakshasa, as they are the most common native fiends
          of Eberron—who serve the interests of the fiendish Overlords of the Age of Demons.
          There were originally approximately thirty of these Overlords.

Their power was equivalent of that of gods in most other settings.
          Most exerted influence over a region akin to a large modern nation, but some had more subtle influence reaching across the entire world.
          Overlords are part of the very fabric of reality, and they cannot be destroyed any more that you can destroy death or treachery.
          They can only be bound, and that only with the guidance of the Prophecy.
          The only known force capable of binding them is the Silver Flame, which was created by the sacrifice of the Couatl host,
          a sacrifice that created an immortal force of light to contain the immortal force of darkness.
          Is there a list of all the rajahs already published somewhere? With the rajahs theme, location and where to find the full writeup?
          I’ve never done it. However, Lord Gore at the WotC forums put together this list, which may be the most comprehensive around;
          I’ve updated it with Overlords mentioned since it was written.

1. Bel Shalor, the Shadow in the Flame (Tamor Hills, Khorvaire) ECG page 29
          2. Dral Khatuur, the Heart of Winter (Frostfell) female overlord Druid 25/Sorcerer 15/Frost MageFb 10 Death, ColdFb, WinterFb unpublished
          3. Eldrantulku the Oathbreaker (unknown) NE male overlord rogue 15/sorcerer 15/mindbenderCAr 10 CorruptionBoVD, Trickery Dragon 337 pages 63, 69-70
          4. Katashka the Gatekeeper (Lair of the Keeper, Khorvaire) LE male overlord cleric 8/wizard 8/true necromancerLM 14 Deathbound, UndeathECS DoE page 36, Dragon 337 page 70, ECG page 30
          5. Rak Tulkhesh, the Rage of War (Khorvaire) NE male overlord fighter 15/blackguard 10/cleric 15 Destruction, War; Dragon 337 pages 65, 70; ECG page 31; Eye on Eberron, Dragon 314
          6. Ran Iishiv the Unmaker (Korrandar, Sarlona) SoS page 12
          7. Sakinnirot the Scar that Abides (Stormreach, Xen’drik) CoS page 156
          8. Shudra the Fleshrender (Mel-Aqat, Xen’drik) PGtE page 155, TFoW page 127
          9. Sul Khatesh the Keeper of Secrets (Arcanix, Khorvaire) LE female overlord wizard 36/archmage 4 Knowledge, Magic CoS 89, Dragon 337 pages 60, 68; ECG pg 31
          10. Tiamat, the Daughter of Khyber (Pit of Five Sorrows, Argonnessen) DoE page 9
          11. Tul Oreshka, the Truth in the Darkness (unknown) CE female overlord bard 20/wizard 10/loremaster 10 Madness, ShadowECS Dragon 337 pages 64, 70
          12. Masvirik the Cold Sun (Haka’Torvhak, Q’Barra); Dungeon 185 (DDI)
          13. Unnamed (Krertok Peninsula, Sarlona) SoS page 12
          14. Unnamed (Sustrai Mor, Sarlona) SoS page 91
          15. Unnamed (Tempest’s Isle, Lhazaar Principalities) PGtE page 99 possibly a rajah
          16. Yad-Raghesh (The Vale of the Fallen Rajah, Argonnessen) colossal two-headed overlord DoE page 50 “dead”
          17. The Spinner of Shadows (Xen’drik), DDO

I believe that Sul Khatesh is the only one that’s received a complete 3.5 writeup, in Dragon 337.
          I’ll also note that I prefer the term Overlord to rajah. “Rajah” tends to get subsumed into “rakshasa rajah”—and while the Overlords rule the rakshasa,
          they are not themselves rakshasa.

For you, how many overlords do exist? There is 17 listed, that’s all? There is a couple more? 17 more? A hundred more?
          According to the Eberron Campaign Guide (page 30), “approximately thirty fiendish overlords are bound in Khyber.”
          If a Lord of Dust was killed, would the death be for good (akin to killing a demon in the Abyss) or would it reform somewhere?
          In Eberron, immortal spirits cannot be destroyed. Unless they are bound, they will always reform.
          This is true of every immortal from rakshasa to devils to quori.

Depending on the type of immortal, it may not retain its memories after death and reincarnation.
          This is true of quori, and it’s why the Dreaming Dark seeks to exterminate the Kalashtar quori – so they can be reintegrated and reborn as part of il-Lashtavar.
          With rakshasa, weaker ones generally lose memories, while strong ones (such as the Council of Ashtakala) will generally reform with memories intact.
          Now, there are ways to ensure that you destroy the memories, and ways to delay that reincarnation, and the key there is to know your Prophecy.
          The Overlords are themselves conceptual entities with no fixed form.
          The Lords of Dust article in Dragon 337 provided D&D 3.5 stats for Overlords, and noted that all Rajahs possess the following ability:

Change Form (Su): A rajah can assume any form from Fine to Colossal size, or simply increase or decrease its own size.
          This is similar to polymorph, but the rajah retains the outsider type and use of all of its special attacks and qualities while in another form.
          The rajah can maintain a form until it chooses a new one.

Overlords have PREFERRED forms – Tiamat likes her five-headed dragon – but an Overlord can take any form it wants.
          As a side note, per the classic myth, dragons as we know them were formed when drops of the blood of Siberys fell from the sky and struck Eberron.
          The different types of dragons are based on what the blood touched – so white dragons were born when the blood of Siberys struck ice, black dragons in the swamp, etc.
          How much do the Silver Flame church knows about the Lord of Dust and the Overlords?
          Do they know the organization, the names of the Overlords, that every demon is immortal,
          that every overlord can be set free following the path of the prophecy?

Good question. The foundation of the modern church is Tira’s struggle with an Overlord.
          From that, it’s logical to conclude that anyone who knows the story of Tira knows the following things.

• There are ancient and powerful demons bound by the Silver Flame.
          • It is possible for them to escape, and they have demonic minions working to help free them.
          • These arch-fiends cannot be destroyed, only bound; this is why Tira’s sacrifice was necessary.
          • We must all be vigilant and prepared to make our own heroic sacrifices to protect the innocent from these forces of evil.

That much is common knowledge; it’s the basis of the faith.
          The greatest evil cannot be permanently destroyed; it can only be held at bay by the courage and sacrifice of good people.
          There are dangerous supernatural forces in the world scheming to do terrible things – fiends, undead, lycanthropes – and we need those
          with courage to take on the mantle of the templar and defend us from them.
          So: The Church knows there are demons active within the world.
          It even knows the names of some of these archfiends and their masters, along with stories about them that may or may not be true.
          These things are why the templars are always vigilant. We say that the purpose of the church is to defend the innocent from supernatural evil.
          This is a world where supernatural evil unquestionably exists. The Church trains exorcists because it knows they will be needed.
          But it doesn’t have perfect information about the enemy… all the more so because a particular cell of the Lords of Dust
          may literally have been laying dormant for the last thousand years waiting for the right moment to act.
          Does anyone in other planes care about Overlords?
          They’re so powerful that they could easily access dimensional travel and change things there.

Their vast power is precisely why they CAN’T access dimensional travel.
          The most powerful spirits of planes are tightly bound to their planes; they are literally a PART of that plane, and they can’t separate from it.
          This is why the Quori can come to Eberron, but il-Lashtavar can’t… and why we have pointed out that the Daelkyr aren’t the most powerful spirits of Xoriat,
          but simply the most powerful entities that have come from Xoriat.
          Der Blog enthält natürlich wie gewohnt massig mehr an Informationen

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Dragonmarks: Thelanis and the Fey

It’s been a busy few months for me, between Illimat, Phoenix, and other projects I can’t discuss at the moment. There’s still no news about Eberron development for 5E, and that li…

Last week I wrote about the Faerie Court of Thelanis and the fey. While it’s interesting in principle, that Q&A doesn’t get into the practical applications of how to directly incorp…

Last week I wrote about Thelanis and the Fey. This week I’m posting a few shorter pieces about how to use Thelanis in an Eberron campaign. Today’s topic: Manifest zones! Manifest zones …

Last week I wrote about Thelanis and the Fey. This week I’m posting a few shorter pieces about how to use Thelanis in an Eberron campaign. Today’s topic: Curses! Curses often figure pro…

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Eberron Flashback: Aberrant Dragonmarks

There’s lots of great things afoot. I’m keen to delve deeper into the setting of Phoenix and to explore the topics sitting on the burner for Eberron. However, at the moment I am under t…

Dragonmarks are mystical symbols that provide mystical power to the people that bear them.
              “True” dragonmarks are bound to bloodlines, and over time the dragonmarked houses have turn their mystical powers
              to industrial purpose and carved out economic empires. Such dragonmarks are reliable and useful, and largely have postive, constructive effects.

But there’s another sort of dragonmark: twisted marks that are unpredictable in every way, and which grant powers that frighten and hurt others.
              Where the pure dragonmarks let their bearers heal and create, those who bear aberrant dragonmarks may produce fire, spread plagues, control minds, or worse.
              While aberrant dragonmarks often result when people of diferent dragonmarks bloodlines have children, they can manifest on anyone.
              There are many prejudices and superstitions tied to aberrant dragonmarks, and centuries ago there was a massive purge – the “War of the Mark” – that virtually
              wiped out the aberrant population. For a time, aberrant dragonmarks were just legend. Now they are beginning to return.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Eberron Flashback: Aereni and Tairnadal

Ein Blog über Elfen in Eberron aus der Sicht des Schöpfers

In the process of getting the website up to speed, I had to delete a few old posts. Since many of you may never have seen this post unless you dug deep into the archives, I figured I’d repost…

The elves of Eberron are divided into a number of distinct cultures.
                Most of the elves encountered in the Five Nations have some connection to House Phiarlan or Thuranni.
                Others are descended from exiles who fled in the aftermath of the war between the Undying Court and the line of Vol.
                However, the majority of elves in Eberron live on the island of Aerenal.
                There they are split into two primary cultures: the Aereni (subjects of the Undying Court) and the martial Tairnadal.
                One of the things that defines the elves is their relationship with death.
                Per 3.5 D&D rules, an elf can have a natural lifespan of up to 750 years, and is an “adult” at 110 years.
                I never liked the idea that an elf was literally a child for a century.

Rather, I saw that 110-year mark as the age of the typical elven adventurer.
                In my Eberron, elves mature mentally at a rate similar to humans, perhaps a few years off.
                For me, the 110-year mark is driven by a society that places great expectations on its people.
                A post on the WotC boards mentions a traditional sushi chef who went through seven years of apprenticeship
                before he was allowed to go beyond preparing the rice.

I see this principle extending to all levels of youth in Aerenal… intense, lengthy apprenticeships
                that focus with great intensity on every different aspect of a trade.
                Looking to an Aereni wizard, he might spend five years simply studying somatic components (mystical gestures)
                before ever learning to cast a spell. He would learn precise pronunciation of verbal components,
                and his fireball incantation would have the exact same accent as the elf who first devised the spell…
                and he might even learn the incantation from that elf.

By contrast, a human wizard in Arcanix would learn that you can kind of fudge incantations
                if you find a pronunciation that resonates with your personal aura.
                Aerenal teaches perfect technique; Arcanix encourages you to MacGuyver a bit.
                FURTHER READING
                Unfortunately, many of the online articles once hosted by WotC have been removed from the internet.
                However, here’s some online articles that might prove interesting.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Dragonmarks 7/11/16: Druids

We’re closing in on the release of my new RPG Phoenix: Dawn Command, and Jenn and I are working to organize the events we’ll be running at Gen Con. But I’ve been promising to answ…

PRIMAL MAGIC
                  In the previous Dragonmark, I wrote about the difference between arcane and divine magic.
                  As I mentioned there, I prefer druidic magic to be an entirely separate path as opposed to a subset of divine magic – taking the 4E approach
                  of making druids and rangers primal casters. If you believe the myth of the Progenitors, arcane and divine magic both draw on the power of Siberys,
                  while primal magic is the power of Eberron – the world itself.
                  This reinforces the idea that druidic magic is natural magic, and fundamentally different from either arcane magic or divine magic.
                  Im Blog steht viel zu Druiden und Ranger als Naturbursche

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Faith and Wisdom
                    I was planning to do my next Q&A about Druids, but this conversation took off in the comments of the last Q&A and really deserves its own page. So Druids will have to wait for another week …

Cults and Fiends
                    As I write this, Phoenix: Dawn Command is on a boat… albeit a very slow boat… headed for the United States. In the days ahead I’m going to be spending more time talking about Phoe…

Edition Wars und Ausblicke
                    This is a tremendously busy time for me. As I write this, Phoenix: Dawn Command is being loaded onto a boat somewhere, and in 5-8 weeks it should be in our hands (barring unforeseen disasters like …

It’s a busy time right now. Phoenix: Dawn Command is on the move, and we’re making plans for our demo events at Gen Con. If you’re attending GenCon, I recommend checking out our m…

Planes, Druids and Faith
                    I’m working away on a number of different projects that I can’t talk about just yet, while waiting for Phoenix: Dawn Command to come back from the printer. One thing I can mention: I&#8…

Ravenloft
                    My last call for Eberron questions produced over forty questions, many quite complex. So it’s going to be some time before I get to them all. But let’s get started with one of the big o…

Villains of Eberron
                    As I was writing about the daelkyr in my last Eberron post, it occurred to me that my emphasis on how alien and unknowable they are might make it hard for people to understand how to work them into…

Frage und Antwort
                    I’ve spent much of the last few weeks sick with the flu, but I’ve finally bounced back. I’m continuing to work on Phoenix: Dawn Command, and I’m excited about how the advent…

Since the Phoenix Kickstarter campaign ended, I’ve been working hard on finishing the writing for Phoenix and that’s going to be my focus for the next few months. However, I don’t…

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Dragonmarks: Rural Eberron

I’m working on a lot of projects right now. Over the next few months I’m going to be putting most of my energy into Phoenix: Dawn Command. Part of the point of developing a new setting …

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Manifest Zone: The Last War

The second episode of the Manifest Zone podcast is up! The subject is the Last War. As the podcast is a stream of consciousness discussion, I’m going to do a follow-up post after each episode…

The sourcebook The Forge of War provides the canon answer to these things and is your best source for in-depth information,
                        since I don’t have time (or permission) to write a sourcebook on the Last War.
                        With that said, I didn’t work on The Forge of War and it is the canon source I have the most issues with.

It doesn’t delve as deeply into the concept of innovation as I’d like, and doesn’t explore the question of what new weapons and tools were developed in the war.
                        It ignores many other canon sources; one of the most infamous examples is its statement that Thrane lacked any decent archery support,
                        when archery is a devotional practice of the Church of the Silver Flame and should be one of the greatest strengths of Thrane.
                        With that said, FoW provides a POSSIBLE overview of the course of the war.
                        Could we get a brief overview of each of the Five Nations’ general tactics in the Last War?

Certainly. If they were a party of adventurers, Karrnath was the fighter.
                        Aundair was the wizard. Thrane was the paladin. Breland was the rogue. And Cyre was the bard.
                        This is a gross simplification – not addressing Breland’s industrial capacity or Cyre’s wealth – but it’s a good place to start as a mental image.

With that said, this could be the subject of a sourcebook.
                        I’d refer you to Forge of War, but I don’t think they actually got this correct.

So first of all: Galifar was a united kingdom, but its resources were spread throughout the five provinces.
                        This is generally reflected in the culture of that province.

So for example, Karrnath was the seat of Galifar’s military and the home of Rekkenmark, its premier military academy.
                        Soldiers from across Galifar trained at Rekkenmark, and when the war began most returned to fight for their own nations.
                        Likewise, wizards from all countries trained at the Arcane Congress in Aundair. So all sides benefitted from these resources initially.
                        But the people of that province were the most committed to the concept embodied by those institutions;
                        had the MOST people trained at those institutions; and held onto the institutions themselves and their resources as the war continued.

So at the start of the war, every nation had spies trained by the King’s Citadel.
                        But Breland had the most of them, and had the facilities, records, and resources of the Citadel itself. With that in mind…

Karrnath was the seat of Rekkenmark and the Royal Army. Karrnath has always had a harsh, martial culture.
                        In general, they had the most disciplined and best-trained soldiers, and had exceptional heavy infantry and cavalry.
                        I’ve always felt that they had decent war magic, though obviously inferior to Aundair and extremely focused (primarily evocation).
                        Karrnath was further distinguished as the war went on by the use of undead in battle.
                        So in Karrnath you have stoicism, discipline, and general martial excellence… with a side dish of undead.

Aundair was the seat of Arcanix and the Arcane Congress, and has always had the edge in arcane magic.
                        It is the smallest of the Five Nations, and has always relied on magic to make up for that.
                        So Aundair would have the best mystical artillery, both using things like siege staffs
                        and in terms of having the most actual wizards on the battlefield.
                        They lacked the industrial capacity of Breland or House Cannith, but were always the leaders in arcane innovation…
                        so to make a modern analogy, they didn’t have the MOST missiles and bombs, but they had the BEST missiles and bombs,
                        and were the most likely to surprise you with something you hadn’t seen before.

Breland was the industrial heart of Galifar, and further was the seat of the King’s Citadel…
                        which includes the intelligence agency of Galifar.
                        So from the start they had the greatest numbers of spies, assassins, and other covert operatives.
                        This was further enhanced by a strong relationship with Zilargo and House Deneith.
                        So intelligence was always a strength of Breland.
                        Beyond that, they had numbers and resources, and what they lacked in discipline they often made up for in spirit and charisma;
                        so your rank and file soldiers weren’t as exceptional as you’d get in Karrnath, but they’d be more likely
                        to have truly inspiring leaders, and to break the rules of war to try something new.
                        I still think the rogue is a good analogy: Not as good in a straight up fight, but clever and unpredictable,
                        and very dangerous if they can catch you off guard.

Thrane was the seat of Flamekeep and the heart of the Silver Flame.
                        This shouldn’t be underestimated. While the Silver Flame is revered across Galifar, Thrane was its heart,
                        and Flamekeep is where paladins and clerics would received their training.
                        And this is critical, because the Silver Flame is a martial faith.
                        The Silver Flame is about being prepared to defend the innocent from supernatural evil.
                        Archery is a devotional practice, and every Thrane villager trains with the bow.
                        Beyond that, the Silver Flame maintained its own army of Templars.
                        The Lycanthropic Purge was the biggest example of templars at war, but on a smaller scale the templars
                        were constantly hunting down and eliminating supernatural threats.
                        Karrnath was the seat of the army; but the Thranes had if anything more soldiers who’d actually SEEN BATTLE,
                        even if they hadn’t been fighting other humans. This also meant they had more hands-on experience supplying
                        and supporting their forces than most nations.
                        In summary, Thrane’s greatest strengths were peasant militias, exceptional archers, morale enhanced by a shared creed,
                        an experienced and disciplined force in the Templars, and beyond that, the greatest ability to bring divine magic to the battlefield.
                        PC class characters are exceptional, but to the degree that there were clerics and paladins on the battlefield,
                        Thrane had the lion’s share of them… and just as Aundair was most likely to produce a dramatic new arcane technique,
                        Thrane was most likely to suddenly summon planar allies or otherwise turn the tide through use of divine magic.

Which leaves Cyre. Cyre was known as the center of art and culture, and in some way it wasn’t the best at anything…
                        but at the same time, it also had a little bit of everything. Hence the bard — jack of all trades, not tied to any one path.
                        Cyre also had the fact that according the the laws of Galifar, they were in the right — so back to the bard, strong morale.
                        Finally, Cyre’s greatest asset was holding the wealth of the kingdom… which in turn meant that they could field the most mercenaries
                        and draw the greatest amount of support from the Dragonmarked Houses. And it certainly didn’t hurt that House Cannith was based in Cyre.
                        So Aundair had the BEST arcane magic; Cyre had considerably more of what could be bought from House Cannith.
                        Cyran forces involved a lot of mercenaries (Deneith, Valenar, Darguul) and more warforged than any other nation… and like Breland,
                        what leaders lacked in discipline and experience, they would attempt to make up for with charisma.
                        As we all know, the heavy use of mercenaries had some pretty disastrous consequences down the line… but there you are.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Neuer Blog:
                          It’s busy as always here. Renegade Games just announced the Scott Pilgrim game I’ve been working on, and I just got back from a trip to LA where I did some things with Maze Arcana, Savi…

Dragonmarks: Magicians

Wichtig dabei auch:
                          Before I start I want to take a moment to address the limitations of this format.
                          Eberron is the intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast, and at the moment, only WotC can create new material for Eberron.
                          What I can do – both here and on Manifest Zone – is to clarify the material that does exist, as well as talk about how I use it and interpret it.
                          But I can’t create entirely new material.
                          Im Blog selber geht es um die Abgrenzung von Wizard zu Sorcerer und wie diese dann in die Welt passen könnten.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Keith Blog:
                            There’s a lot of exciting things in the World of Keith. Phoenix: Dawn Command is now available on Amazon. The price is the same as getting it at your FLGS or from our website, so if your FLGS…

Worldbuilding 101: Taverns
                            A few weeks back, someone said It’s easy to make Eberron feel like Eberron in the big cities. How do I do the same when visiting a tavern, or hamlet?”
                            I addressed the main question in this Dragonmark article, but taverns are an interesting topic and I wanted to take the subject beyond Eberron.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Keith Blog:
                              Long ago there was a woman named Jes, and she had a hundred children. Her rivals conspired against her, and swore to kill her hundred children. These enemies numbered in the thousands and wielded d…

Dragonmarks: Changelings

I didn’t write the changeling chapter of Races of Eberron.
                              I don’t object to the ideas presented in it, but I’ve always had other thoughts.
                              Eberron content is still restricted and I can’t present a version of changelings for 5E or a truly in-depth racial guide.
                              But I wanted to share a few thoughts about how I use changelings at my table.
                              In my Eberron, there are three primary changeling cultures in Khorvaire.
                              • Foundlings are changelings raised by other species.
                                This could be due to interspecies romance, or the child could be orphaned or descended from an outcast… or part of a family of foundlings.
                                Foundlings have no knowledge of changeling cultural traditions, and rarely have contact with changelings outside their own families.
                                Foundlings develop a wide variety of philosophies, including those described in Races of Eberron.
                                Some foundlings hide from their true nature, adopting a single face and never changing.
                                Some are sociopaths who prey on those around them, stealing the faces of those they kill.
                                There’s no predicting the beliefs of a foundling, and they can be found anywhere.
                              • Stable changelings live in changeling communities that are recognized and known to the people around them.
                                They are often comfortable wearing the skins they were born in, feeling no need to hide their changeling nature.
                                In the Five Nations, Breland is the only nation with stable changeling communities (notable Dragoneyes in Sharn);
                                other stable communities include Lost in Droaam (from Dungeon #193) and the Gray Tide principality in Lhazaar.
                                Stable communities were founded by tribal changelings, so some traditions overlap; however, many have been abandoned
                                as the members of the community don’t feel threatened.
                              • Tribal changelings cling to traditions stretching back to their origins in Sarlona; they refer to themselves as ‘The Children’.
                                Their culture is defined by the hostility and distrust of outsiders; they hide their communities and their true identities from others,
                                revealing just enough to keep strangers from seeking more. They live in the shadows of the other races, using their wits and their gifts to survive.
                                Most tribal changelings spend their lives in motion, traveling from place to place and never staying long enough to draw unwanted attention.
                                They are seen as tricksters and tinkers, and this reputation is often deserved; tribal changelings don’t consider it a crime to deceive single-skins.
                                The tribes are based in Thrane, Aundair, and Karrnath, but wandering tribals can be found across Khorvaire.
                              Der Artikel ist recht umfangreich und enthält auch Beispiele um seine Sichtweise besser zu erläutern

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Lädt...
                              X