X
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

Portal zu Eberron

Hier möchte ich später mal eine Einführung nebst Wegweisern zu allerlei Lesenswertem zusammen stellen,
    noch habe ich aber keine Inhalte, das bleibt ein ToDo Projekt.

[D&D 5E Eberron]Unearthed Arcana und was es bislang sonst so gibt (wenig)
    (wobei Keith Baker selber sehr viel zum Setting bloggt und es mittlerweile auch tolle Projekte und Streams gibt, Maze Arcana beispielsweise hat eine sehr schöne Spielrunde auf Eberron und eberron5e.com bietet interessante Hausregeln an).

Außerdem gibt es den Artificer und den Mystic (aka Psion) zwischenzeitlich in der DMsGuild als kostenfreien Download, die Klassen werden also weiter entwickelt,
    so wirklich prall mag das alles noch nicht sein, aber es wird viel getestet.

D&D 5E OGL
    (das gemeinfreie Material zum Download - Großes pdf, trotzdem längst nicht alles)

Ich stelle hier aber schon mal eine kleine Linksammlung rein, um mir dann die spätere Arbeit zu erleichtern.
    Letztlich wird das im Wesentlichen auf meine privaten Auslegungen der Spielwelt hinaus laufen voller Hausregeln und Interpretationen,
    die so nicht unbedingt in den Regelbüchern stehen - ich mag da auch bisserl Freiheiten haben und alles gibt es ohnehin nicht passig
    (die Originalbücher könnt und solltet ihr euch selber kaufen, die Inhalte sind ja auch ohnehin geschützt und dürfen hier nicht veröffentlicht werden).

http://keith-baker.com:

I am part of the monthly Manifest Zone podcast; each month we explore a particular aspect of the setting.
    On Facebook i’m aware of the Eberron Enthusiasts and Sages of Eberron groups, and beyond that The Piazza is the primary Eberron forum I keep an eye on.
    If you’re into live play, Maze Arcana is a livestream working with Wizards of the Coast, and you can get more Eberron in Role Out.

Zuletzt geändert von Trollchen; 08.06.2020, 02:21. Grund: Update, da einige Seiten zwischenzeitlich offline / vom Netz
    "Ich kann freilich nicht sagen, ob es besser wird, wenn es anders wird, aber soviel kann ich sagen: Es muß anders werden, wenn es gut werden soll."
    Georg Christoph Lichtenberg (1742 - 1799)

Was nützt es, wenn wir mehrere Sprachen sprechen,
    solange wir nicht die Geduld aufbringen,
    einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Es gibt ja auch ein MMO der besonderen Art von Turbine zu der Welt von Eberron,
    Dungeons & Dragons Online - Eberron Unlimited,
    der Trailer dazu passt auch so ganz nett

Turbine (hab die gesamte Playlist an Cinematics und Trailern verlinkt)

Da kommt doch Stimmung auf

Und da sind die Videos zu den Adventure Packs

"Ich kann freilich nicht sagen, ob es besser wird, wenn es anders wird, aber soviel kann ich sagen: Es muß anders werden, wenn es gut werden soll."

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

http://keith-baker.com

Keith Baker (auch auf Facebook öfters in der Eberron Gruppe mit Beiträgen aktiv)
      hat ja noch seinen Blog und postet nach wie vor viel zu und über Eberron.
      Ein Wichtiges Zitat für alle, die verschollene Artikel auf der Wizards of the Coast Webseite suchen:

WotC seems to have taken down Eye on Eberron and your other series of Eberron articles.
      Do you know if they have plans to put them up again in the near future, or, if not, they are mirrored elsewhere?

I think this is just about reorganizing the website to focus on 5th Edition.
      It looks like all the content is still archived and available. The Dragonshard articles are here.
      And I think this is all the 4E articles.
      Und auch Zitatwürdig:
      (Ich habe noch einige Stellen dick hervorgehoben)

Eberron Continued: What Is Canon?
      Posted on November 18, 2013

I’ve got a lot of things I want to write about this week – Phoenix, Kickstarter, and more.
      However, a comment on the last Dragonmark raises an interesting question, namely “What is canon?”

Let’s start with the comment itself.
      If you consider DDO to be canon in some way, there is two survivors from the Dragon/Giant war too:
      The Stormreaver and The Truthful One. They both died in the conclusion of the most recent game raid,
      but their history had been told since DDO launch.

Excellent point. But what really interests me is “if you consider DDO to be canon…”
      I am thrilled with everything that DDO has done and the stories that they have created.
      They have helped to keep Eberron alive over the years in which there’s been little new published material.
      But personally, I don’t consider that material to be canon…
      any more than I consider my own novels to be canon.

Because in my mind, these are the same thing.

What COULD be considered canon? I could see a case for any of the following.
      • Sourcebooks created by Wizards of the Coast.
      • Articles created or authorized by Wizards of the Coast – the Dragonshards, Eberron Expanded, articles from DDI, Dragon, or Dungeon.
      • Eberron novels authorized by Eberron.
      • The lore created for D&D Online.

With that said, when the design team first created Eberron, we made the decision that novels wouldn’t be considered canon.
      A novel is a particular story that COULD happen in Eberron… but that doesn’t mean it WILL happen.
      In other words, just because a novel says that Lhesh Haruuc of Darguun dies in 999 YK
      doesn’t mean that you’ll ever see that mentioned or acknowledged in a sourcebook.

In the Dreaming Dark Trilogy Pierce gets an artifact – the Docent Shira. When I wrote Secrets of Xen’drik, I included game stats for Shira.
      But I didn’t mention Pierce. Because if you want to use Shira in your campaign, I want YOU to decide what happens to her.
      So in a sense, SHIRA is canon – covered in a core sourcebook – while Pierce is not.

In my opinion, DDO is in the same category as a novel.
      If DDO does something with the Lord of Blades that contradicts what you’ve done with him, you aren’t somehow wrong.
      DDO is one possible story, just like the novels. But it’s not any more important than your story.

This raises the bigger question: What is the purpose of canon?
      In my opinion, having canon material gives players and gamemasters a common language.
      It lets players from different groups share stories. It gives them something to expect.
      It can inspire stories and adventures.

I can go into an Eberron game and tell the DM “What I really want to do is to investigate the Mourning.”
      Canon provides the major pillars that carry the setting… The Last War, the Mourning, the Treaty of Thronehold, the Dragonmarked Houses, the Prophecy.
      I may not know the specific details a DM has decided (such as the cause of the Mourning), but I know the Mourning is a major force in the world.
      Canon creates a CONTEXT.

In my opinion, canon is most useful as a source of inspiration, when the ideas of the Lords of Dust or Lhesh Haruuc’s successor or the Race of Eight Winds
      or whatever gives you an idea for a story and gives the PCs context to fill in all the little details around it.
      What I don’t want is for it to limit you.

Case in point, in the last Dragonmark someone asked if Eberron had legends of sunken lost continents.
      None of the material I’ve written does; in developing the setting I focused more on creating civilizations for the aquatic races than on having sunken surface nations.
      But as a DM, the LACK of canon information shouldn’t stop you from creating your own sunken nation.
      And regardless of what a novel says, you should feel free to kill Lhesh Haruuc, keep him alive, or just replace him entirely with this cool bugbear you’ve developed.

Beyond this: I might say “Sourcebooks are canon, but novels aren’t.”
      But the fact of the matter is that *I* don’t use everything in the sourcebooks.
      For example, I feel that the depiction of Thrane in The Forge of War runs counter to its depiction in other sources and to my personal vision of the nation… and thus, I ignore it.

So in my campaign, The Forge of War isn’t canon. Meanwhile, you might decide that since you and your players love the Legacy of Dhakaan books,
      you want to make the events and characters in that book part of your story. So for you, it’s canon.
      When we talk about our respective campaigns, I can say “I’ve made DDO and the Thorn of Breland canon, but I’m ignoring the other novels”…
      and that lets you know what to expect, and gives you information you can use in creating your own character and story.

Ultimately, “canon” is a tool that helps you and your players understand the world. It creates a common language for storytelling.
      So what’s really important isn’t the broad generic canon, but the canon for your campaign.
      Personally, I’d suggest that you tell players what’s going to be canon when you start a campaign.
      If you like certain novels, you can say “These novels are canon.” If you hate a particular sourcebook, mention that you aren’t using it.
      What’s important is creating YOUR canon.

So… that’s my long rant on canon material. What do YOU think?
      Do you personally use the events of the novels and DDO in your campaigns?
      Do you feel that encouraging DMs to make the world their own is a strength of the setting, or a weakness?

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

http://keith-baker.com

Keith Baker (auch auf Facebook öfters in der Eberron Gruppe mit Beiträgen aktiv)
        hat ja noch seinen Blog und postet nach wie vor viel zu und über Eberron.

Weitere Artikel von Keith Baker und dessen Seite:
        (Ich hab mich damit durch die ganzen alten Blogseiten wühlen dürfen, ich mag wordpress und seine Durchsuchbarkeit nicht sonderlich)

Damit wäre ich dann im Oktober 2012 und ein Umbruch dringend mal angebracht

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Und weiter geht die Liste der Blogbeiträge von Keith Baker bis zum ersten (auf http://keith-baker.com/) zurück,
          wobei ich da durchaus gefiltert habe und halt vor allem nach Eberron geguckt habe:

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Statement von Keith Baker
            zur Forensituation bei Wizards of the Coast

WOTC EBERRON FORUMS CLOSING DOWN

On October 29th, Wizards of the Coast is shutting down their community site.
            I’ve been posting on the WotC forums since Eberron first began, and I’m sad to see them go.
            In particular, I’m sad to lose the Eberron forum.

However, there are a few options.
            The Piazza is urging people to transfer Eberron material from the WotC site to the Piazza’s dedicated Eberron Forum.
            The venerable ENWorld is also encouraging people to transfer favorite posts and threads to their Emergency Evacuation Lifeboat.
            I don’t have time to transfer posts myself, but if anyone has enjoyed the Eberron forum over the years,
            feel free to move a favorite thread to a new home.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Thema: [D&D 5E Eberron] Unearthed Arcana und was es bislang sonst so gibt (wenig)

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Nerdarchy
                10 Reasons to Play Eberron with 5E D&D| Why 5th Edition Dungeons & Dragons Needs Eberron

Veröffentlicht am 04.04.2017

10 Reasons to Play Eberron with 5E D&D| Why 5th Edition Dungeons & Dragons Needs Eberron
                1) Threats- The Chamber, Emerald Claw, Dreaming Dark to name few
                2) Dragon Marks and the Dragon Marked Houses
                3) New D&D Races- Changling, Shifter, and Warforged
                4) Kalashtar = Psionics
                5) Re-imagined Races- Drow, Halfling, and Gnome
                6) Artificer are magic smiths
                7) Arcana Punk- Magic everywhere
                8) Elemental Vehicles- Airships, Lightning Rail, and elemental sailing ships
                9) Monster Nations- Droam, Dhakaani, Monster Ghetto in Sharn
                10) Last War back drop to the Eberron Campaign Setting

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Nerdarchy
                  Dragon Marks and Dragon Marked Houses- Why 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons Needs Eberron

Veröffentlicht am 19.04.2017
                  Dragon Marks and Dragons Marked Houses are a huge part of the Eberron Campaign Setting.
                  They influence a ton of the world lore and history and create unique role-playing opportunities
                  for players and their characters in the game.

Dragon Marks are one more way of expressing magic in a D&D setting.
                  The houses form political powers and structures for the characters to either work for or against.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Nerdarchy
                    Airships, The Lightning Rail, and Other Elemental Vessels | Why 5e D&D Needs Eberron

Veröffentlicht am 26.04.2017
                    Our delve into Eberron continues with the things that make it such an exciting campaign setting to play Dungeons and Dragons in.
                    There are 4 factions involved with travel through out Khoravar the Dragon Marked Houses Cannith, Lyrandar, and Orien plus the gnomes of Zilargo.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Nerdarchy
                      Races of Eberron- Changeling, Shifter, and Warforged| Why 5e D&D Needs Eberron

Veröffentlicht am 05.05.2017

Changeling- Changelings are a playable race in the Eberron campaign setting.
                      In the 3.5 edition, they are a race descended from half-human/half-Doppelgangers.

Shifter- Shifters, also known as the weretouched, were an exclusive race in the Eberron campaign setting
                      first featured in the 3.5 edition Eberron Campaign Setting in 2004 however, shifters were featured in the 4th edition's Player's Handbook 2 in 2009
                      ending their exclusivity to the Eberron setting. Shifters are one of the intelligent races inhabiting Eberron.
                      With both humans and lycanthropes among their distant ancestors, shifters posses just a small portion of their forefathers' shape-shifting abilities.
                      They cannot transform wholly into an animal but can instead shift parts of their body to become animal-like for short periods of time.
                      In 832 YK the Church of the Silver Flame led an inquisition to wipe out all lycanthropes in Khorvaire, Shifters included.
                      The inquisition lasted fifty years killing most lycanthropes and driving the survivors deep into the Eldeen Reaches.

Warforged- The Warforged are a player race in the Eberron campaign for the 3.5 and 4th editions of Dungeons & Dragons.
                      They are featured in the Eberron Player's Guide and the Eberron Campaign Setting.
                      The warforged are a relatively new race being created by House Cannith during the Last War in 965 YK for the purposes of warfare.
                      The Warforged are sentient constructs and have free will, which earned them the same rights as human citizens
                      in each of their homelands in 996 YK under the Treaty of Thronehold.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Nerdarchy
                        Character Classes of Eberron- Artificer| Why 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons Needs Eberron

Veröffentlicht am 12.05.2017

Artificers pretty much make Eberron go. That and mage wrights.
                        Then there is the dragon marked house of Cannith and dragon shards that all kind of tie together
                        to make all the magic flow in the eberron campaign setting.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Nerdarchy
                          Monster Nations- Why 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons Needs Eberron

Veröffentlicht am 26.05.2017
                          Eberron Wiki Top Content most popular most visited highest ratings newly changed Community Recent blog posts On the Wiki

Contribute
                          Darguun
                          1,586pages on this wiki
                          Add New Page
                          Edit Talk0 Share
                          Darguun Hobgoblins
                          D&D - 4th Edition - Eberron Map Darguun
                          Map of Darguun
                          Darguun
                          Capital Rhukaan Draal (pop: 82,460)
                          Government Feudal (official), Tribal (Traditional)
                          Ruler Lhesh Haruuc
                          Population 800,000
                          Races
                          Goblins 39%
                          Hobgoblins 29%
                          Bugbears 13%
                          Kobolds 6%
                          Humans 6%
                          Other 7%
                          Religions ancestor worship, foreign religions
                          Imports none
                          Exports mercenaries, slaves
                          Alignment
                          LG NG CG
                          LN N CN
                          LE NE CE

Darguun is a nation that broke off from Cyre during the Last War, when goblin mercenaries seized the region for their own.
                          The nation has become a host for many members of their race seeking a homeland including hobgoblins and bugbears.
                          Some believe it will allow them to return to the glories of the ancient Dhakaani Empire.

Droaam is a nation ruled by monsters, established by the Daughters of Sora Kell in 986 YK.
                          Few of the civilized races dare to test its borders. Their connection with the rest of Khorvaire is limited
                          to a single House Orien roadway that passes through Graywall and into The Great Crag,
                          and a beneficial business relationship with House Tharashk, who set up mercenary contracts
                          between the inhabitants of Droaam and the outside world.
                          Recently, the House has acquired permission to mine in Droaam,
                          and they have begun exploitation of the nation's vast Byeshk mines and Eberron Dragonshard fields.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Nerdarchy
                            Kalashtar and Psionics| Why 5E D&D Needs Eberron

Veröffentlicht am 02.06.2017
                            You can't talk about the Kalashtar of Eberron without getting to several things.
                            One psionics go hand and hand with them. Two the Dreaming Dark And Quori.
                            Basically evil dream demons. Third is their shared nature with the good quori.
                            They are kind of like dream angels.
                            Please Like, Comment, Share and Subscribe!

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Nerdarchy
                              Re-Imagined D&D Races of Eberron Drow, Halfling, and Gnome| Why 5E Dungeons &Dragons Needs Eberron

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Lädt...
                              X