X
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

Nerdarchy
    5 Terrifying Threats from Eberron- Why 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons Needs Eberron

Veröffentlicht am 23.06.2017
    The Lords of Dust, The Chamber, Dreaming Dark, Daelkyr, and The Emerald Claw are just few
    of the more prominent threats and villains in the Eberron Campaign Setting.
    Eberron is such a rich D&D world that this really is just scratching the tip of the iceberg
    when it comes to adventure seed ideas for a D&D game.
    "Ich kann freilich nicht sagen, ob es besser wird, wenn es anders wird, aber soviel kann ich sagen: Es muß anders werden, wenn es gut werden soll."
    Georg Christoph Lichtenberg (1742 - 1799)

Was nützt es, wenn wir mehrere Sprachen sprechen,
    solange wir nicht die Geduld aufbringen,
    einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Nerdarchy
      How The Last War Completely Shaped Eberron| Why 5th Edition D&D Needs Eberron

"Ich kann freilich nicht sagen, ob es besser wird, wenn es anders wird, aber soviel kann ich sagen: Es muß anders werden, wenn es gut werden soll."

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Daelric
        Intro to Eberron
        (Playlist)

Am 17.06.2017 veröffentlicht
        Hey there, I'm excited to say that @RinSinn will be joining me in a series podcast like VODs.
        Our goal is to teach you a bit about Eberron while just geeking out in general.

If you can think of anything that we cover (or don't) that you'd like for us to go deeper into detail with, please let me know.
        We'll jump on that!!

P.S. sorry for quality: there was a minor hiccup. The rest of these VODs are much better.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Eine Quelle(nsammlung), über die ich zufällig gestolpert bin:

Außerdem Eberron für Pathfinder:
          This site is dedicated to the home-brew conversion of the entire Eberron campaign world from d20 v3.5 to the Pathfinder rules set, including, but not limited to, the races, classes, prestige classes, feats, spells, magical items and creatures originally presented in the Eberron campaign world.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Ruty Rutenberg erklärt die Welt von Eberron

Maze Arcana
            Maze Arcana - Inkwell Society, Ep 0 - Primer

Am 13.07.2018 veröffentlicht
            Join our very own Ruty Rutenberg as he sets up the wonderful and exciting new show Inkwell Society, a Noir adventure in the world of Eberron.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Woha - Big News:

Eberron was born sixteen years ago. It’s been eight years since I’ve been able to write new material, and in that time I’ve worked on many things… Illimat. Action Cats. Even…

The Wayfinder’s Guide To Eberron
              Posted on July 23, 2018

Eberron was born sixteen years ago.
              It’s been eight years since I’ve been able to write new material, and in that time I’ve worked on many things… Illimat. Action Cats.
              Even another roleplaying game, Phoenix: Dawn Command. But in all that time, my heart’s still been in Eberron.
              And now Eberron has come to fifth edition.

The Wayfinder’s Guide to Eberron is now available on the DM’s Guild.
              It’s a PDF product, and it’s treated as Unearthed Arcana material. This is Eberron as I’m playing it at my table.
              The goal is of the book is to give you everything you need to start running Eberron at your table… but also to test these ideas and get your feedback on them.

So what is the Wayfinder’s Guide to Eberron?
              I’ll start by telling you what it’s not, and that’s a rehash of either the Eberron Campaign Setting or the Eberron Campaign Guide.
              Both of those books are available on the DM’s Guild, and it seemed foolish to lead off with a book that simply repackages information many of you already have.
              The WGtE isn’t an encyclopedia. It doesn’t delve deeply into history or geography.

Instead it talks about the themes of Eberron, the things that define the setting, and how these can affect your game.
              How can you capture the feel of pulp adventure or neo-noir intrigue? What impact could the Last War have on your character or your campaign?

The Wayfinder’s Guide includes the following things.

• New versions of changelings, kalashtar, shifters, and warforged, along with information and ideas about how the common races fit into Eberron.
                If you’re a Mror dwarf, why did you leave the Holds? if you’re a Zil gnome, what schemes are you caught up in?
              • An overview of Khorvaire with a focus on ideas for characters and NPCs from each nation.
              • Rules for dragonmarks, the mystical sigils that play an important role in the setting. This includes greater dragonmarks and aberrant dragonmarks.
              • A selection of unique magic items, including dragonshards, warforged component items, and new arcane focuses for your wandslinger.
              • An overview of Sharn, City of Towers with a focus on getting you started with your character or your story.
                This includes a host of interesting background hooks and story ideas, along with three separate starting points for different styles of campaign…
                including the gritty Callestan campaign I’m running at home!

The Wayfinder’s Guide is written for both players and DMs.
              It doesn’t give away any of the deep secrets of the world, but it’s designed to serve as an inspiration both for creating characters and adventures…
              and I’ll just say that there’s a lot of ideas squeezed into those 140 pages.

What Happens Next?

Eberron has been unlocked for the DM’s Guild.
              I’m currently working on the Morgrave’s Miscellany with guild adept & Inkwell Society creator Ruty Rutenberg (who collaborated on the dragonmarks and races for the WG).
              The Miscellany will delve into a range of subjects that didn’t make it into the Wayfinder’s Guide, including Siberys Dragonmarks and some classic Eberron archetypes.

Beyond that, there’s a host of topics I’ve been wanting to explore for years now: the Planes of Eberron, Droaam, Darguun, Eberron Underwater, and more.
              I’ll get to all of these things and more; it’s a question of when. I’ve posted a poll here, on my Patreon site; you don’t have to be a patron to vote on it.
              Let me know what you want to see first!

In addition to writing new material for Eberron, I want to get back to another project that’s been on a back burner for a long time.
              Back in 2009—before the age of Kickstarter and Patreon—I bootstrapped something I called Have Dice Will Travel.
              I roamed around the world running an Eberron game for interesting groups of people.
              I wrote about a few of my adventures for The Escapist, but lack of funding and a creative collaborators caused it to fizzle out.
              Now with crowdfunding, new support for Eberron, and my partnership with Jenn Ellis and our company Twogether Studios,
              we’re exploring different ways to bring back Have Dice Will Travel.

We don’t yet know exactly what form this will take. A travel/D&D podcast? A book? Both?
              What we do know is that we want to capture the diverse people around the world who play RPGs and tell their stories.
              If you want to make sure you get the latest news, join the Twogether Studios mailing list.

And if you feel that you have a particularly interesting gaming group or town we might want to visit on our tour, follow this link and tell us about it!
              That’s all for now. Thank you for joining me in this return to Eberron. I look forward to seeing what all of you do with the world!

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

DawnforgedCast
                Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron (5e) Review

Am 23.07.2018 veröffentlicht
                In this video we take a look at the latest book showcasing a Dungeons & Dragons 5E setting: Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Dungeons & Dragons
                  Dragon Talk: Ravnica & Eberron, 7/23/18

Am 23.07.2018 veröffentlicht
                  Keith Baker, James Wyatt, and Jeremy Crawford join hosts Greg Tito and Shelly Mazzanoble
                  to discuss Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica and Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron.
                  -- Watch live at https://www.twitch.tv/dnd

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

WASD20
                    The 2 New D&D Settings for 5E - Ravnica and Eberron!

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Rick Kittenhugs
                      Rick Rambles About Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron - Video Chat from the Abyss

Am 25.07.2018 veröffentlicht
                      The other day we had to wait before the stream game, and I got to talk about the new Eberron material.
                      -- Watch live at https://www.twitch.tv/thekittenhugs

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

The Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron was released on Monday, and a number of questions have already come up. Are warforged transformers? Where's the artificer? Can you get a print version? Let's look at a few of those issues.
                        GENERAL QUESTIONS

Is the Wayfinder's Guide official content?

The WGtE is a 176 page book. It explores the general themes of the setting, with a tighter focus on Khorvaire and Sharn. This includes character ideas, story hooks, and optional rules that help capture the flavor of the setting. This is my take on Eberron, but is being considered official content.
                        The WGtE also includes rules for races and dragonmarks, which I developed with Ruty Rutenberg over the last year. These are the rules *I* use, but we want them to receive a wider round of feedback before they are finalized for the Adventurer's League. So this material isn't currently legal for the AL. The WGtE is a living document. If these mechanics change, it will be updated both in D&D Beyond and on the DM's Guild, so you won't have to buy a revised version of this content. This is why the WGtE currently isn't available in print: we want to make sure that it IS final before you commit to a print version. But in getting it now you have a chance to play Eberron as *I'M* playing it.
                        Where's the artificer?

It's coming. The WGtE is my book; WotC supported it, but I largely developed it on my own. The artificer is already in development at WotC, so it was kept separate. A revised version of the artificer will be out soon in Unearthed Arcana, and Mike Mearls has said that this artificer will be added to the WGtE (which will be a free update for anyone who owns the book.
                        What is in WGtE for non-5e DMs who already have everything else ever written about Eberron?

The primary goal of the Wayfinder's Guide is to give someone who knows nothing about the setting enough of a feel for the world to create a character or a story in it. It doesn't focus on history or geography; it's not an encyclopedia, it's a guide to the flavor. It needs to serve the purpose of introducing someone who knows absolutely nothing to the world—but I also wanted it to be filled with inspiration for people who already know everything about it.
                        With this in mind, there's generally less focus on exhaustive detail and more emphasis on what does this mean for YOU? It's aimed both at players and DMs; it doesn't reveal big secrets (such as, say, which rulers are vampires) but the ideas for what makes an Aundairian feel Aundairian are just as relevant when you're making NPCs or setting a story in Fairhaven as they are for PCs. There's ideas and optional rules that deal with capturing the FLAVOR of a pulp or noir story that aren't in any of the existing Eberron sourcebooks.
                        As an example of this focus, here's the entry on the Blood of Vol. In looking at the religions, I'm leaving out the deep details (what's the church hierarchy like? What's the history of it?) and focusing on if you follow this faith, what does that actually MEAN? How do you express your beliefs?
                        Likewise, the section on Sharn doesn't provide the district-by-district breakdown of Sharn: City of Towers... because you can get that by buying Sharn: City of Towers, which is available on the DM's Guild and still entirely accurate aside from the mechanics. So instead it provides ideas for what could bring characters to Sharn or keep them there. One of my favorite elements of the book is the Starting Points: three districts (Callestan, University, and Clifftop) that could be used as a starting point and ongoing hub for a campaign, with each one exploring a different style of story you can tell in Sharn.
                        Beyond this, the WGtE also explores a few new ideas that arise from the mechanics of 5E: specifically the introduction of wandslingers. If you read this blog you may have already encountered wandslingers, but this refines the idea and provides a variety of arcane focuses to work with.
                        If you own every Eberron book, you don't NEED to buy the WGtE. But my goal was to make it interesting and inspiring for even the most experienced Eberron DM.
                        Has the timeline been advanced for 5e? What year is it considered to be now? Has any lore changed substantially?

I didn't advance the timeline in the WGtE. 998 YK is a critical moment in time, and moving the timeline forward would require me to make a lot of decisions that could contradict things people have done in their own campaigns. It's possible that the timeline could be advanced in the future, but I didn't feel that it was necessary.
                        The WGtE has already been updated twice, but I don't know what's changed.

The current changes have been quite minor, but I'll keep a running log of changes at the end of this post.
                        A spellshard is "1 gp per page". I don't see in the 5e rulebook how many pages per spell each spell is. I seem to remember 3e being 1 page per level of spell with 0-level spells taking up one page. Should we default to that rule?

Sure, that seems reasonable.
                        Warforged

The races of Eberron received a development pass from WotC design and have been released as Unearthed Arcana content. Because of this, I'm not the final authority on how they work. I'll share my OPINIONS, but Sage Advice is the final authority here.
                        Are warforged humanoids? constructs? both?

Under 5E rules, warforged are humanoids.
                        So is the intent that ALL spells work normally on warforged PCs (other than, maybe, unique plot-device anti-warforged spells) including Antilife Shell & Horrid Wilting?

That is correct. Warforged are immune to disease and sleep, and resistant to poison, but otherwise they are treated like other creatures.
                        From a story/setting perspective, how does magical healing work for warforged?

While warforged are made from wood and metal, the idea is that the magic that suffuses them magic them functionally living creatures. Some of their mass IS organic; we've always send that the fibers you can see under their plating are an organic rootlike material. Beyond that, the idea is that their lifeforce is essentially tied to their material form and as they regain energy the body heals. This is tied to the fact that just like other characters, a warforged heals all damage at the end of a long rest. In my mind, this literally involves the body being mystically restored to "factory standard." You can add cosmetic flavor to this—you can have your warforged hammering out dents in his armor—but the key point is that warforged heal like other creatures.
                        I would be interested in your thought process in creating the warforged integrated armor.

The warforged went through many different variations and iterations. The original 3.5 warforged set their AC at character creation with a feat and couldn't change it going forward. The UA warforged wore armor like any other character and just received a +1 bonus to AC. With 5E, we wanted to keep the idea that armor is a part of warforged, while also allowing some degree of flexibility for a character whose capabilities change over time. We tried a version with AC tied to subrace and a version where you set AC at first level, like the 3.5 version. The final version was developed in conjunction with the WotC design team, and led us to the current version where warforged can shift their armor type at the end of a long rest. While this may seem odd, it's always been part of the idea that warforged are LIVING creatures and can physically evolve; the reforged and warforged juggernaut were 3.5 prestige classes that embraced this concept. This just extends that idea... which is also a better match for the 5E healing model. Essentially, when a warforged completes a long rest it's able to restore any damage its sustained. If it can do that, it's not too much of a stretch to imagine it shifting its plating.
                        In terms of the capabilities of integrated protection, the original Unearthed Arcana warforged had a flat +1 to AC. The WGtE warforged generally start off with an AC equivalent to the best armor a character with the appropriate proficiencies can buy. Composite plating gives a first-level warforged AC 15, the same as half-plate; heavy plating is the same as plate armor. The warforged is ahead because starting characters can't afford those armors, but the gap closes as other character get access to better armor. At level 5, heavy plating gives you AC 19, the same as +1 plate armor. Conversely, the original UA warforged could get +1 plate armor and have its +1 inherent AC on top of that. As is, warforged are ahead of the curve, but up until the highest levels other characters CAN match their AC with the right equipment. It's also the case that the warforged takes an opportunity cost in that they gain no benefit from armor—so they don't get the secondary benefits another character can receive from magical armor.
                        Does the Warforged Heavy Plating Integrated Protection work with the Fighter's Defense Fighting Style? Unclear on if (armor) means you're "wearing armor" or not.

The darkwood core defense mode is listed as "unarmored", while the others are listed as "armor". The intent of this is that while you're using the darkwood mode you are considered to not be wearing armor for purposes of abilities such as Unarmored Defense, while you are considered to be wearing armor if you're using plating. So yes, this counts as wearing armor for the purpose of the Defense Fighting Style.
                        If I'm playing a warforged barbarian, do I get to add my Constitution to my Integrated Protection? What about a warforged monk?

No and no. Integrated Protection and Unarmored Defense are two separate features that set your AC, and the Sage Advice ruling on this is that you pick one—you don't combine them. If you have your Integrated Protection mode set to darkwood core, you are considered to be unarmored and can thus use Unarmored Defense—but you're always either using one or the other to determine your AC.
                        Would the Integrated Defense of a warforged be considered a "nonmagical object that is a suit of armor" for Forge Clerics?

Not in my opinion. The design intent is that warforged are inherently enchanted. The whole idea of the warforged adding its proficiency bonus to its AC is that while other creatures have to find magical armor, the warforged IS magical armor, and that armor improves over time. However, the warforged Forge cleric could always enchant a weapon!
                        An envoy warforged has an integrated tool that's part of its body, and gains expertise with that tool. In the PHB, tool proficiencies provided by backgrounds include vehicles. So can I have a warforged with a built-in wagon?

All things require the approval of the DM. If your DM WANTS to let you have a warforged with a built in boat, that's great. But the design intent is that this applies to the specifically identified tools listed on page 154 of the Player's Handbook. This does not include mounts and vehicles, which are detailed on the following page. So again, if you and your DM agree, go for it. But it is not the design intent.
                        Tinker's tools weigh ten pounds! Can an envoy have a built in tinker's tools? Or a full dragonchess set?

Certainly. The intention is that your warforged has a functioning version of this tool. This doesn't mean that it in any way resembles the tools a human would use to perform the same task. A warforged with an integrated herbalism kit could literally have a garden built into its back, and pull out the herbs it needs when it needs them. Most important, consider that warforged are inherently magical creatures. They CAN physically alter their bodies (as shown by healing and integrated protection) and as shown by the spell prestidigitation it's possible to create small, temporary objects through magic. So an integrated tool could be fully functional at all times—a warforged with smith's tools has a hand that can function as a hammer. But it's just as valid to say that the warforged does either perform a minor transformation to produce these tools or that it literally produces a temporary tool. Your integrated thieves tools could be lockpick fingers, but you could also study a lock and manufacture a key to fit it. Essentially, the FUNCTIONAL EFFECT is that the warforged always has a working version of this tool—but it's up to you to decide exactly what that looks like.
                        Do you think an Envoy Warforged equipped with a disguise kit would also be able to disguise their voice?

Sure—in the same way that a human with a disguise kit or an elf with a disguise kit could disguise their voice. They don't have a special automatic success at doing it, but I'd consider it to be part of the ability check. If you want to have perfect Terminator style mimicry, you can get the Actor feat.
                        That's all for the moment: post further questions below!
                        CHANGE LOG

• 7/23/17. Page numbering corrected on appendix pages.
                        • 7/24/17. Introduction text adjusted, kalashtar added to table of contents.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Sharn Inquisitive Archive

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Endlich meins (Geburtstagsgeschenk):

Fifteen years after it was first released, Eberron has finally come to Fifth Edition! Rising From The Last War is available at last. I am thrilled to have been involved with this, and especially to…

First and foremost, Eberron: Rising From The Last War brings the world of Eberron to Fifth Edition. It’s been ten years since Eberron was released for Fourth Edition, and the goal was never to change the world, but rather to introduce it to people who might never have encountered it. With this in mind, one thing that hasn’t changed is the timeline. Rising From The Last War is set (by default) in 998 YK, four years after the Day of Mourning and two years after the Treaty of Thronehold brought the Last War to an end. However, what Rising does is to take a harder look at the consequences of that timeline—the fact that Khorvaire is only two years out from a bitter civil war that lasted for decades. In the Gazetteer, each nation has a section that discusses the specific impact of the Last War on that nation. There’s also tables of story hooks for characters who fought in the war, and an extended section on how the aftermath of the war could impact a campaign. So the world is the same; we’re just exploring a corner of it that’s been underdeveloped in the past.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Orkenspalter TV
                              Review: D&D5 Eberron - Rising from the Last War | Late Nerd Show

Mháire bespricht das im November beschriebene Quellenbuch zur DnD-Kampagnewelt Eberron für die 5. Edition.
                              Sie findet auch einiges zu meckern, aber bei weitem nicht genug, um Eberron nicht für das bisher beste D&D5-Buch zu qualifizieren.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

D&D Beyond
                                Todd Talks - Eberron

Eberron is a Dungeons and Dragons campaign setting.
                                A war-torn world filled with magic-fuled technology, airships and lighting trains,
                                where noir-inspired mystery meets swashbuckling adventure.
                                Todd Kenreck sat down with Keith Baker and James Haeck to talk all things Eberron.

einander zuzuhören...

Art van Rheyn

Kommentar

Lädt...
                                X